> Grey Matter Oeuvre - Poetry & Paintings: Rem*Ember<META name="keywords" content="poetry, poems, poet, art, literature, writing, publishing, publish">

2/07/2005

Rem*Ember

Glowing flecks of fire
were once my one sworn enemy,
destructive fireflies of my fancy,
lights of dreams aflame in me.
I stomped in desperation,
blew cold despair over the coals.
I resigned myself to obey your will
and let smoke no longer roll.
My heart sprayed sparks of devotion
in the dry grasses of my eyes,
burning, blind, embers filled my mind
like stars more dense than evening skies.
Surrendered to your word, now
I swallowed fire and buried the flame.
But, forever burned into my soul
will be your haunting name.
One ember sustained upon my breath
can not cease until my end;
The flight, the folly, the foolish fires
both lit and stifled for a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home