> Grey Matter Oeuvre - Poetry & Paintings<META name="keywords" content="poetry, poems, poet, art, literature, writing, publishing, publish">

12/30/2005

Impassioned August heat
Rushes impatient from May clouds.
Clinging to my flesh,
Sapping my strength,
Yet I embrace it.

Natsuko, but called Moriko...

My body has imbibed summers enough
That I no longer leap into the sun.
I swim slowly into the golden light
And stretch and curl into the familiar glow
While my mind springs new, reborn
Into the past,
When such heavy air and raging sun
Meant freedom and amnesty-
Freedom to be Natsuko, Moriko, Me, Myself...
and no one in paticular.
A girl born a natural part of earth and sun,
No piece nor party to the bustling seas of man.

This was always my time.

The masses cower in power-cooled shelters,
Leaving me free rein over
the sweet ripe air,
The sun-baked earth,
And lush green world
For which the more human humanity
Was sparked to life,
And for which the rich and waving nature
Thrives, glowing, excited to nourish and sustain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

I really enjoyed visiting your world, quite captivating and inspiring.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Very nicely written! I dint even know you were back and posting! nice to see you posting again!! howz work!? :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger The Clown said...

I can't really say if I found your blog or got myself lost in it.... and yet I'm tempted to move deeper into your earlier poems and find myself fading yet more into your early words. But when I'd dissappear I'd glow in the lights of ecstacy. Smile.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home