> Grey Matter Oeuvre - Poetry & Paintings: The Winter / Summer Poem, Untitled<META name="keywords" content="poetry, poems, poet, art, literature, writing, publishing, publish">

1/10/2006

The Winter / Summer Poem, Untitled

A dull ashen mist
Hangs upon the atmosphere,
The air grows weary, defeated.
The wind howls embittered.
The sun has retreated.

But, beneath the crust,
A coup mounts and rages.
I feel the churning fires of insurrection!
The earth’s rumble and conviction
Resonates through my veins.

Bearing the icy lash of my oppressor
I can endure, knowing...
Sensing my tormentor’s demise
Closing ranks on the horizon.

I will be liberated,
Venerated,
Reborn!
The sun will rout
Frigid, dismal darkness-
Leaving the murky slush
To cower at the poles!
Soon…
Soon enough.

And I will romp wild
On sun-baked earth…
Through plush verdigris…
Amidst those honeyed columns of light
Once more.

7 Comments:

Blogger Billy Jones said...

Just popped in to let you know you're featured in 100 Blogging Poets In 100 Days-- Episode II. I hope you bask in lots of new readers.

6:43 PM  
Blogger EGC said...

Thank you for leaving that comment.
You're the first.

I am a big fan of poetry and will keep visiting your blog.

All good things,
bcc

6:54 PM  
Blogger Vidhu Venkat said...

Nice word play

moments tht caught me

"I will be liberated,
Venerated,
Reborn!"

"And I will romp wild
On sun-baked earth…
Through plush verdigris…
Amidst those honeyed columns of light
Once more."

Very well done!

10:19 PM  
Blogger The Dormitory Boys said...

We manage to read half your poem with our English dictionary, which was not easy because some words was not in it, so we are now using it to roll joints. Just joking!

Thanks for visitng our blog, TwistedNoggin! Hope you are having a great week!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Thanks for visiting ma blog..

I liked your template....very kewl!!
(Btw, I luv gray color...)

Very nice poem...

Lemme read few of your post in archives during the weekend :)

I've closed down on blogspot, but am continuing on wordpress...do visit it whenever you get time

www.arz000n.com

Greetz!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Stormy Zephyr said...

Very powerful.... very liberating...and I really wasn't aware of scars on the waistline. Forgive me -:)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Wow! This is remarkable. Especially, the last two stanzas. There is definitely an evolution coming about in your work lately. Much of your earlier work was very direct and personal. Now, you seem to be taking on less personal (and often bigger) themes. I really like the triumphalism in this piece. It is nice to see this side of you.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home