> Grey Matter Oeuvre - Poetry & Paintings: WhiteOut<META name="keywords" content="poetry, poems, poet, art, literature, writing, publishing, publish">

2/10/2006

WhiteOut

Stark white
Flashes,
crashes,
slaps my eyes
with blank and vain brutality.

Another stack
to wrack my skull.
Each glaring, colorless
razor edged.
With no depth,
no texture,
just futile phrases and weightless words.

This is the meal ticket
I sell my sanity for.
This intangible foe,
massive as redwoods
but evasive, fluttering
into wisp-thin sheets
to surround me,
drown me,
bury me breathing,
beneath these swells
of vile and pointless
paper.

(a song for the papercut refugees... my fellow 9-5ers in the cubed-off hell of office work)

8 Comments:

Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Me first!! Wonderfully written with the right amount of rigor! i'm sure your fellow 9-5ers will identify with it lots! :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I hope so. Thanks Superfreak ;)

I shouldn't have said that.
Now I'm craving funk and will have to go dig out a CD to hear. :)

supafreak supafreak supafreaky!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this one.:)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Neetee said...

Here, Here!

Excellently said!! Very well written. I hear every word and agree.

So nice to see your face. Love the braids.

I've added a twistednoggin blog banner to my links.

6:13 PM  
Blogger GK said...

Heh. What a strange coincidence. I just posted one of mine, along the same lines.

3:10 AM  
Blogger carolroach said...

great site, thanks for commenting on my poetry on creative writers blog,

I would like to invite you to join my newsletter: you can contact me: winterose@videotron.ca

4:28 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Ah, the blank piece of paper. . . The artist's greatest challenge.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Very good!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home